The law gives you certain privacy rights in relation to information that you give to this practice. We need your consent to collect personal information about you. Not having it will restrict our capacity to provide you with the standard of medical care that you expect. This means we will collect information such as medical history, billing/account details, medicare details, family, social & employment history, name, address & contact details.
Both our practice staff and medical practitioners may participate in the collection of this information.
This information may also be used in the following ways:
- Administration and billing purposes.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including doctors and specialists outside this practice who may be involved in treating you. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the results and reports returned to us following the referrals.
- Disclosure to others for medical defence purposes if necessary.
- Disclosure for multidisciplinary, audit, teaching, research, quality assurance activities, to improve individual and community health care and practice management.
- Photographic library which may be used for record, teaching and educational purposes.
- Sending of specimens for analysis.
- Debt collection.
As a patient of Bunbury Skin Cancer Clinic:
- Why collection information about me is necessary.
- Understand that I may withdraw my consent to use and disclosure of my personal information. (except when legal obligations must be met)
- My failure to provide information may restrict the practice’s ability to provide the quality of healthcare and treatment that I require.
- I have the right to access the information collected about me, except in some circumstances where access might legitimately be withheld.
- Provide consent for results to be sent to my referring doctor by facsimile or electronic transmission.
- Provide consent for messages to be left with immediate family members/defacto partner. (e.g. Appointment confirmation)
- If my information is used for any other purpose other than set out above, my further consent will be obtained.
As this information is a very important part of every patient’s medical care, at this practice, we acknowledge your consent to the handling of your information for the purpose set out above automatically.